Monday 9 May 2011

National Scrapbooking Day

It was National Scrapbooking Day on Saturday and Let's Scrap are having a whole month of challenges to celebrate. I plucked up the courage and submitted a challenge, I have asked the ladies at Let's Scrap to submit a layout using the Embossed Clear Resist Technique. I came across the technique while reading ATDML Blog. I had never used the technique before and any chance to use some of the many stamps I have is a good thing. In case you are like me and have never used the technique, you need, clear ink, clear embossing powder, heat gun, coloured ink pads, sponges and stamps.
You stamp your image using the clear ink and then sprinkle on the clear embossing powder, heat the image until it sets. Let it cool, then using your colour inks, sponge all over the image until you are happy with the image. Then get a clean sponge and wipe over the image, the ink should not stick to your embossed image. I used the technique on a layout to go in Ella's baby album (yes I am finally getting round to doing it!) I stamped little handprints and footprints. Sorry the LO is upside down, it is on the computer the right way, it appears to have flipped when I have added it to the blog.
I have also managed to do a couple of the other ladies challenges. Challenge #8 was to crop your photos on the diagonal, I have never even considered this! What a great way of chopping off unwanted bits. I took these photos of Ella at the new playground at Highwoods. She loves it there, we went three times last week!
Challenge #1 was to use at least two photos, a mixed alpha title and a boarder punch. I have started scrapping the photos of the street party, I have a couple more on the go. I bought a union jack stamp especially for the occasion.
So I have two more pages to add to my total, a vast improvement already on last month. I have Eclectic Keepsakes crop to look forward to on Saturday and shopping tomorrow with my Mum, so it is looking to be a good week, oh and I survived another session at bootcamp this morning.

1 comment: