Monday 6 August 2012

What a way to spend an afternoon

Saturday was crop day and as always it was lovely to see the ladies. I made the decision to leave early as my DH was on his own as our DD was staying with her Granparents.
DH picked me up & we drove down to London for the weekend. We are all definitely seeing the benefits of DH having a flat there. He can work late as much as he likes without the stress of the sometimes two hour journey home & DD & I have base in the holidays so that we can explore London.
So today I could not persuade anybody to hang out with me (they all had to work) & DD had gone to Legoland, I had a free day. What to do? There are so many things to see, well I decided on the National Gallery. It has been years since my last visit. The gallery has two of my favourite paintings, Van Gogh's Sunflowers & Monet's painting of a bridge over water lillies, always worth a visit. After a mooch round I decided to come back to the flat to catch up on my Olympics addiction. I can't help myself I am obsessed. Team GB is doing so well, we can't wait to go to the Paralympics, we have bought t-shirts to wear & a flag to wave.
So my afternoon has been spent watching the Olympics & scrapbooking, yes you read it right, scrapbooking. By my DH picking me up early from crop & driving straight to London I had my stash in the back of the car. It doesn't get much better than that :)

No comments:

Post a Comment