Tuesday, 15 February 2011

I did it!!!

Woo hoo! I managed to finish all fifteen challenges for the Let's Scrap Blog Hop. I have never done a blog hop before and I really enjoyed myself. It was a lot of work and there were times when I didn't think that I would finish, but I did and I feel like I have really accomplished something. So here are the final four pages, which also means four more pages towards my 100 page goal.

This page was for Resolution Two, Kristen came up with a colour challenge, she provided five colours and we had to use at least three of them on our page. I found this challenge really hard, the colours were lovely, but I was trying to use stash rather than buy anything new. I think I have just about managed it. This is another wedding photo, so I am gradually getting a wedding album done now. I really like how this layout frames the photo and I am starting to get braver by using more embellishments on my pages.

This layout is for Bev's challenge which was number eight. The resolution was to use a black and white photo, with blue and yellow embellishments. My new nephew was perfect for this challenge and the K & Co boy papers finally got used. Again I have used stitching on my layout, I have done a few now that I have stitched on. Since my Mum got me this fab little gadget, stitching is so easy. Also it helps me use all the cross stitch threads that I still have from the days when I used to cross stitch.

Resolution six was from Roulien and it was to do a valentines themed layout. I thought this photo from my Sister's wedding would be perfect. The papers are from an kit that I got from TK Maxx, I think that they really work, it makes the layout have a warm feel to it. Maybe I could have added some more bling??

My final completed resolution was number ten, Megan wanted us "to use a leftover item from everyday life (non scrapbooking supply) and a Let's Scrap sketch to make a one or two page layout." I left this page till last because I found this the hardest. 

I eventually found an old dress of my daughter's which I then cut up. I used the zip from the back of the dress and a flower from the front of the dress. The colour was perfect for the papers that I had chosen and I will be able to use the rest of the dress for another project at some point.

Here is a closeup of the zip, I sewed it to the papers. Behind the zip is my journaling for the page, I folded the papers into a concertina so that you are able to read the journaling. I was so chuffed with myself until I realised that the zip does not open all the way to the bottom, which would be much better for this idea. I still really like the idea though.

I made these flowers, following a design sheet from Eclectic Keepsakes. So there we have it, all fifteen challenges completed. 

So what do I do now? Well I have a sketch from Eclectic Keepsakes to do for next months crop. I have also been introduced to a great blog Chicken Soup which provides "visual therapy for poorly mojos", which will come in very handy. I am still keeping up with my New Year's resolution of cooking a new recipe once a week. So I just need to find a new crafty project. Looking at this blog in preview is making me think that I need to work on my blog skills, I have no idea how I have managed to have black and white writing, but I don't seem to be able to fix it, also the gaps between each photo is large, again each time I try to change it, it seems to make it worse. That's all a job for this afternoon maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment