Friday 27 January 2012

It's Friday!!!

Hooray it is Friday!

This week I have worked my way through two more layouts using my sketch. After reading the Just One Sketch Blog I am a little behind, as they have not only covered rotation of the sketch but also mirror image and now going monochrome. Oh well, I have next week to try and catch up.

Below is my layout using my first rotation. I am not happy with it, I love the colours, but it feels like it is lacking something, just not sure what.


Next layout is using the second rotation. This layout I am much happier with, the colours don't work as well on screen, the dots make it look fuzzy, but looking at the actual layout it is much clearer. I can even tolerate the wonky stamping.


I tried using stickers for the title, but they didn't look right. I really like how the title feels the space.


I used two Sizzix dies for the embellishments, a paint splat and Tim Holtz's rosette.


Hope my friend Laurie takes note that I have inked the edges, she is big on this and I get polite reminders at crop to do it :) So two new layouts to add to my 100 target, doing quite well this month, let's hope that I can keep it up.

Birthday celebrations this weekend, my lovely husband and my Fabulous Mum both have birthdays to celebrate, so a good opportunity for photos. Also means that I will have some use for the lovely boxes full of new stash that arrived this week. Yes I know that I am meant to be being good, but some of it was to good a bargain not to buy and also I still had some Christmas money to use.

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful your layouts look INKED AROUND THE EDGES !!! Lol, loving that splat ! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pages, Becca. I've got as far as printing pages for Just one Sketch. I'll get round to doing them one day!

    ReplyDelete